Thinking of new ways to fundraise can be a never-ending job, how do you engage the largest amounts of people for a minimum spend? The answer? Online. We now use the Internet to do our weekly food shop, to date and to speak to people on the other side of the world at the click of a button.
Moving your charities fundraising activities online is simple with eSolidar, an online platform that specialises in charity auctions and supporting smaller charities. If you’re struggling to think of ways to boost your online auction check out our 5 foolproof tips below:
- Images – Ensure the images you’re using are clear and of good quality, if you’re photographing an item make sure the background isn’t too busy.
- Description – Is your product description as accurate as possible? Remember to include specific measurements and dates if it’s an experience.
- Social Media – Share, share and share again! Post the link to your auction on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and any other platforms you’re active on. Use relevant hashtags and @mention accounts, which are applicable to your auction.
- Ambassadors – Tap into your charities ambassadors if you have them, get them to help organise an auction with a celebrity or put you in contact with a specific brand. A post from an influencer online could drive 100s of potential bidders to your auction.
- Press – Contact your local newspapers, publications and radio stations the more people who know about your auction the more likely you are to get the highest possible price!